Sunday, May 30, 2010

Hey all, so i just bought my ticket to get to heathers wedding the other day and im pretty pumped about this. Its going to be awesome to get to see everyone again now that its been a couple years. Thanks are due to Jon for booking the hotel suite for us, which is gonna be a pretty sweet time, and to Sara for booking the rental car, which, i suppose, will be pretty sweet as well. Not to mention the fact that Heather will be getting married, cuz thats pretty exciting as well. I will be looking forward to this all summer.
Speaking of summer, I hear its supposed to be a really long, hot summer for us here in Chicago. We really didnt even get a springtime. We had a couple days of 70's in early april, then it went back to 40's and 50's until last week when it jumped to 90. There was no transition period in there and it makes for a tough jump into summer. As you can imagine, this makes work a whole lot of fun as well with the sudden heat wave. Despite the fact that it has been quite warm here recently, I suppose it could be a lot worse, and we will probably have a few miserable days throughout the season so why not get a couple of them out of the way early. I believe I turned Jimmy on to garage saleing. We went to a few garage sales down the street last weekend and I found out he went to one just yesterday with another friend. And he didnt want to go with me last weekend. Our neighbors son is 7 and Jim and I have gone to a couple of his baseball games and its been interesting. When I was that age I thought I was the shit playing and watching these kids play I realize that we did pretty much the same thing, throw the ball around, bad throws, cant pitch, cant hit, bad defense and it really made me laugh a bit. Dont get me wrong, some of the kids are actually really good, but a majority of them either just suck or dont want to be there and thats where the poor play comes from. So Jimmy and I have decided were going to teach the neighbor how to do some different things, like pitch, form, things that most kids that age dont know anything about. So that should be interesting.
Now to sports. The White Sox have been utterly disappointing so far this season. As of this writing they have a 21-28 record and do not seem to be coming out of this slump anytime soon. Despite this, I will still be attending my fair share of ball games this summer because going to the park is a lot of fun. There is still a chance things can turn around, but it seems to be less and less likely. The Sox have not done so great so far, but one crazy thing about this baseball season in general, there have been two perfect games thrown and one no hitter and its only the end of May. For those of you who dont know how rare this really is, usually perfect games come many years apart, but in recent years there have been quite a few. Since 2000 there have been 4 perfect games thrown and two of them this season. Roy Halladay just threw one yesterday, and of all people he deserves to have that honor. Right now he is the best pitcher in baseball and he is also a class act. Congratulations to Roy Halladay on his Perfect Game on 5-29-2010.
Now to the Blackhawks. They have been on a tear lately. They have won 7 straight playoff games on the road, beat the Nashville Predators 4 games to 2 in the first round, the Vancouver Canucks 4 games to 2 in the second round, the San Jose Sharks 4 games to 0 in round 3, and have a 1 game to 0 lead in the Stanley Cup Finals against the Philadelphia Flyers. Only 3 more wins and they will be the best team in hockey this season. This would be the first Stanley Cup won by the Hawks since 1961. I look forward to celebrating another Championship in Chicago. Hopefully next time I write here the Hawks will have brought home the Cup.

No comments:

Post a Comment